Un-official MDA dev forum

A community forum for the un-official modding and development (also general discussion) of Jim Bowen's mini dungeon adventurers. > the forum is not dead, just slow ;) > Accounts no longer need admin activation


    Flint locks? flint locks.

    Share
    avatar
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 121
    Points : 2125
    Join date : 2015-06-15
    Location : Australia

    Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Taylor on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:53 pm

    I have been bouncing the idea around a lot, i made a draft and here is what i have:  (yes I did it in vectors)
    Im not very good at vectors but i think it looks nice.



    Ill be posting more rule set for this, but i like the idea of it hurting the player on a roll on 1.

    Maybe crits do 2 damage?

    Any ideas to help me expand on this? i hope to add it to my extended shop


    _________________

    Zappline
    Great member

    Posts : 106
    Points : 1835
    Join date : 2015-06-16

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Zappline on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:48 pm

    I really like it, crit can do 2 damage would work, the price is good as well. I would use it with my Thief seems like the best way of doing it Smile
    avatar
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 121
    Points : 2125
    Join date : 2015-06-15
    Location : Australia

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Taylor on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:13 pm

    Zappline wrote:I really like it, crit can do 2 damage would work, the price is good as well. I would use it with my Thief seems like the best way of doing it Smile



    The problem i have now is, this item is very close to the auto cross bow, but i think its still different enough since having 1 pistol takes 2S to shoot, and 1 auto cross bow takes 1S, so it cost more speed but shoots further and you get that nice crit mechanic.

    Also this?


    _________________

    Zappline
    Great member

    Posts : 106
    Points : 1835
    Join date : 2015-06-16

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Zappline on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:27 am

    Taylor wrote:



    The problem i have now is, this item is very close to the auto cross bow, but i think its still different enough since having 1 pistol takes 2S to shoot, and 1 auto cross bow takes 1S, so it cost more speed but shoots further and you get that nice crit mechanic.

    Also this?

    I see no problem with the pistol. I like it a a lot. but it states that you can only crit while dual wielding or did I miss read it? if you dual wield will it gain you +1 attack per round so you can shoot 5 times instead of just 4? or does it mean that you can hit 2 enemies on the same square for just 2S?

    Im not really sure how dual wield work in this game cause I think I have missed that.
    avatar
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 121
    Points : 2125
    Join date : 2015-06-15
    Location : Australia

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Taylor on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:34 pm

    Zappline wrote:
    Taylor wrote:



    The problem i have now is, this item is very close to the auto cross bow, but i think its still different enough since having 1 pistol takes 2S to shoot, and 1 auto cross bow takes 1S, so it cost more speed but shoots further and you get that nice crit mechanic.

    Also this?

    I see no problem with the pistol. I like it a a lot. but it states that you can only crit while dual wielding or did I miss read it? if you dual wield will it gain you +1 attack  per round so you can shoot 5 times instead of just 4? or does it mean that you can hit 2 enemies on the same square for just 2S?

    Im not really sure how dual wield work in this game cause I think I have missed that.

    You can crit with single pistol, but if you are duel wielding attacks cost 1S

    the blunder musket Hits 2 enimes, its experimental, what do you suggest?


    _________________

    Zappline
    Great member

    Posts : 106
    Points : 1835
    Join date : 2015-06-16

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Zappline on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:33 pm

    aah now I see it, i missed that part. you should probably put a "," between "damage to target" and "if dual wielding"

    just to make it clearer where sentences start and end and all that Razz Did you draw the guns yourself?
    avatar
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 121
    Points : 2125
    Join date : 2015-06-15
    Location : Australia

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Taylor on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:56 pm

    Zappline wrote:aah now I see it, i missed that part. you should probably put a "," between "damage to target" and "if dual wielding"

    just to make it clearer where sentences start and end and all that Razz Did you draw the guns yourself?

    Yeah, i drew them in vectors, just like the original, i'm proud of them.


    _________________

    Zappline
    Great member

    Posts : 106
    Points : 1835
    Join date : 2015-06-16

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Zappline on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:26 pm

    Vectors? Please teach me how this works. I sadly only have GIMP at hand but it should work I think?
    avatar
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 121
    Points : 2125
    Join date : 2015-06-15
    Location : Australia

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Taylor on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:35 pm

    Zappline wrote:Vectors? Please teach me how this works. I sadly only have GIMP at hand but it should work I think?

    Hmm, Adobe illustrator is used best for vectors.
    For if you don't know vectors alter from regular Bitmap images, the best way to show this is this picture.
    They are good because they can be re-scaled infinity and the quality will always stay the same. witch is why
    PDF are used for MDA and most paper crafts, since PDF's save vector images.



    _________________

    Zappline
    Great member

    Posts : 106
    Points : 1835
    Join date : 2015-06-16

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Zappline on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:41 pm

    Cool. I have to read up on vector graphics and how to make em and borrow Adobe Illustrator from somewhere Wink
    avatar
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 121
    Points : 2125
    Join date : 2015-06-15
    Location : Australia

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Taylor on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:57 pm

    Zappline wrote:Cool. I have to read up on vector graphics and how to make em and borrow Adobe Illustrator from somewhere Wink

    Haha, you can make them in Microsoft Office programs, its more user-friendly and the result are just as good.


    _________________

    Zappline
    Great member

    Posts : 106
    Points : 1835
    Join date : 2015-06-16

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Zappline on Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:00 pm

    Hmm what office program can do vector graphic? I use Libre Office normaly but it might be worth getting the Microsoft Office down for this Wink
    avatar
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 121
    Points : 2125
    Join date : 2015-06-15
    Location : Australia

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Taylor on Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:03 pm

    Zappline wrote:Hmm what office program can do vector graphic? I use Libre Office normaly but it might be worth getting the Microsoft Office down for this Wink

    I used microsoft powerpoint 2013, it uses vector shapes.

    EDIT: im more than happy to draw for your expansions if you like, just so you know


    _________________

    Zappline
    Great member

    Posts : 106
    Points : 1835
    Join date : 2015-06-16

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Zappline on Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:05 pm

    cool. No I just need to figure out how to draw the stuff I want Razz As I said we need a lot of evil creatures to spice up the game. we also need a lot more heroes, and for now I only have a few sadly.
    avatar
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 121
    Points : 2125
    Join date : 2015-06-15
    Location : Australia

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Taylor on Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:09 pm

    Zappline wrote:cool. No I just need to figure out how to draw the stuff I want Razz As I said we need a lot of evil creatures to spice up the game. we also need a lot more heroes, and for now I only have a few sadly.


    Ah right, ill be honest colouring minis are easier in normal Bitmap images, but drawing the paper craft designs in vector i highly recomend.

    I cant wait to see what you come up with Smile


    _________________

    Zappline
    Great member

    Posts : 106
    Points : 1835
    Join date : 2015-06-16

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Zappline on Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:58 pm

    I suck at making new stuff re-skinning is simpler for me Razz but I will see what I can do. I'm in the middle of translating and remaking my RPG to fit right here Very Happy
    avatar
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 121
    Points : 2125
    Join date : 2015-06-15
    Location : Australia

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Taylor on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:13 pm

    Zappline wrote:I suck at making new stuff re-skinning is simpler for me Razz but I will see what I can do. I'm in the middle of translating and remaking my RPG to fit right here Very Happy

    Yeah, making models is hard tongue

    Very nice i look forward to seeing it.


    _________________

    Zappline
    Great member

    Posts : 106
    Points : 1835
    Join date : 2015-06-16

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Zappline on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:33 pm

    It is on its way Wink It might take some time cause it has to be rewritten from the ground up. I changed the whole D20 system to a D6 system, I have changed the whole Attribute list so you guys that play MDA will definitely be familiar with the system. Im trying to incorporate some lists and stuff but I have some trouble making it work as I want it to Razz But I will start a thread about it soon if you guys wanna help me out.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Flint locks? flint locks.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:38 am