Un-official MDA dev forum

A community forum for the un-official modding and development (also general discussion) of Jim Bowen's mini dungeon adventurers. > the forum is not dead, just slow ;) > Accounts no longer need admin activation

Hi all tossing my hat in

theloknight

Hi all tossing my hat in

Post by theloknight on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:58 am

I started to get into building my own games from boardgamegeeks, that's where I first got mda. I built all but some monsters before I quit there so friggen little! I was cleaning up and found mda again and decided to check for newer rules and seen his sites gone! I stumbled on this forum and thought you have some great ideas and thought I can toss in my 2 cents.
    I have a graphics design degree and dabbled a lot in Web design. I also still play d&d, and a game called pacs.
    I also have a MBA so I can help with stories, organizing, graphics ect.
    And to make this post as long as possible I like the idea of rehashing this game, one thing I hated was tiny monster building. The grid is 1" squares yet so full size minies would work or even convert the monsters into a flat 2d version to make building it faster and easier for some while keeping the 3d for hardcore players
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Hi all tossing my hat in

Post by Taylor on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:31 am

theloknight wrote:I started to get into building my own games from boardgamegeeks, that's where I first got mda.  I built all but some monsters before I quit there so friggen little! I was cleaning up and found mda again and decided to check for newer rules and seen his sites gone! I stumbled on this forum and thought you have some great ideas and thought I can toss in my 2 cents.
    I have a graphics design degree and dabbled a lot in Web design. I also still play d&d, and a game called pacs.
    I also have a MBA so I can help with stories, organizing, graphics ect.
    And to make this post as long as possible I like the idea of rehashing this game, one thing I hated was tiny monster building. The grid is 1" squares yet so full size minies would work or even convert the monsters into a flat 2d version to make building it faster and easier for some while keeping the 3d for hardcore players

Welcome, its good to see new people rolling in, i hope to put some of those skills to good use. we are working on a Version 0.5 right now infact. I also make my own board games Smile

Yes the minis are a nightmare. but thankfully the original PDF is 100% done in vector, so if you find the whole game way to small, you can blow it up and print it out in A3, with no loss of quality.

Post by DrKboom333 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:15 am

Welcome, I have an idea for an exe that you could layout dungeons in a 2d format and share them online or print them out but have no graphics experience and my programing experience is limited to entry level machine assembly, RS logic and a little HTML.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:36 am