Un-official MDA dev forum

A community forum for the un-official modding and development (also general discussion) of Jim Bowen's mini dungeon adventurers. > the forum is not dead, just slow ;) > Accounts no longer need admin activation


    Hello. Pleased to be here.

    Share
    avatar
    Bradbury
    New member

    Posts : 3
    Points : 747
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Florida

    Hello. Pleased to be here.

    Post by Bradbury on Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:30 am

    I ran across MDA a couple years ago in a /po/ thread. Right when a request for a hawk was made I believe.
    I have been having fun figuring out how to make the miniatures and my 8 year old son loves helping.
    The only down side for me so far is not being able to contribute much as I'm no good with vector programs yet.
    Anyways, Hello and feel free to ask to me anything.
    avatar
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 121
    Points : 2222
    Join date : 2015-06-15
    Location : Australia

    Re: Hello. Pleased to be here.

    Post by Taylor on Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:26 pm

    Bradbury wrote:I ran across MDA a couple years ago in a /po/ thread. Right when a request for a hawk was made I believe.
    I have been having fun figuring out how to make the miniatures and my 8 year old son loves helping.
    The only down side for me so far is not being able to contribute much as I'm no good with vector programs yet.
    Anyways, Hello and feel free to ask to me anything.

    Hey there, all contributions are more than Welcome here. i am god awful at vector but as you can see in my mods i still have a go Smile

    Does your 8 year old play as well?


    _________________
    avatar
    Bradbury
    New member

    Posts : 3
    Points : 747
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Florida

    Re: Hello. Pleased to be here.

    Post by Bradbury on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:02 pm

    Taylor wrote:

    Hey there, all contributions are more than Welcome here. i am god awful at vector but as you can see in my mods i still have a go Smile

    Does your 8 year old play as well?

    As much as I do so far. He's my main game partner! We have been using stats and dice only so far and only doing single battles.
    I'll be finished with a dungeon proper soon and work equipment into the first few games as loot finds. And then introduce the cards.
    He gets excited so I didn't want too much going on at once to take away from the adventure.
    The neighbor kids are his age group and always want to play too, so I'm looking forward to having a game or two fairly often in the afternoons with everyone. Smile
    avatar
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 121
    Points : 2222
    Join date : 2015-06-15
    Location : Australia

    Re: Hello. Pleased to be here.

    Post by Taylor on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:55 pm

    Ha, very nice. i find the cards from the first edition do not add as much to the game, its good to have people to play with, I find 3 players to be ideal (one GM)

    So what sort of things have you done vector wise?


    _________________
    avatar
    Bradbury
    New member

    Posts : 3
    Points : 747
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Florida

    Re: Hello. Pleased to be here.

    Post by Bradbury on Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:47 am

    Taylor wrote:
    So what sort of things have you done vector wise?

    Watched tutorials Smile

    Before that I mucked around in Inkscape and edited the patchwork models to be joined at the waist in the back. It kind of made it easier for me to construct it but I have since become a little better with the miniatures construction so I might not use that model version anymore.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Hello. Pleased to be here.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:56 pm