Un-official MDA dev forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Un-official MDA dev forum

A community forum for the un-official modding and development (also general discussion) of Jim Bowen's mini dungeon adventurers. > the forum is not dead, just slow ;) > Accounts no longer need admin activation

2 posters

Greetings Everyone!

Zappline
    Great member

Greetings Everyone! Empty Greetings Everyone!

Post by Zappline Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:43 am

Greetings!

Names Zappline. I am the one that suggested this dev forum on 4chan to try and kick everything up. And luckily someone knew how to set up a forum Smile

I am actually quite new to papercrafting just about 3 years or so and also I kind of suck at it. Can't do anything advanced and if the pice is to smal or have to many combinations that has to fit together I just go "fuck it" but then I found MDA and it was the single most awesome thing I had ever seen (in this genre) it's fun, it's new, it has a lot of potential and any idiot no mater how new you are to papercrafting can actually build it.

What I can give to this dev forum is model ideas (if someone actually make the models) I can also help with building the game and dice system. I have played and designed pen'n'paper RPGs for about 17 years and created and  arranged LARPS for about 8 years.

I have limited skills in graphic designs so even if I have ideas and sketches for characters and models I need someone that can actually make them into papercraft pieces.

I would like to add a deeper RPG element to this game as well. Maybe not as the main way of playing but maybe as an expansion pack. If there is more then one way to play there is twice as many potential players.

If there is anything you guys wonder and want to know. Just give me a shout.

// Zappline
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Greetings Everyone! Empty Re: Greetings Everyone!

Post by Taylor Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:25 am

It was a good suggestion, i have always wanted to make a forum for this but never thought people would join, thanks for the push.

I'm pretty new tool, I started dabbling 4-5 years ago, i have really shaky hands so small things are hard for me, but i like the feeling of the finished product. With that said i ruined about 3 miniatures when making MDA for the first time.

I would love to see some of your own designs for TTRPGs, i make a few table top board games myself.
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Lets hope we can get some more ppl on here as of now we are 4 I think. Who knows maybe the 4 of us could make a brand new game if nothing else if we ca figure out who can do what Very Happy

for TTRPGs i have had a pinky finger in the creation of the Fate Core system, the Wolsung system and I was also part of 2 Swedish RPGs one called Portal and the other is called Viking.
    I has aslo playtested alot of games like Mutant År 0, Vampire 20th Anniversary Edition, Wasteland and a lot of others.

For LARPs I had a smal part in the creation of the latest Vampire MET book creation and I have also written the storylines for Fantasy, Post App, Vampire and Viking LARPS. The systems used in LARPS are very simple and are basically the same for everyone except for Vampire The Masquerade.

Sadly none of my own creations have been published and it has a lot to do with the fact that I am just one person. Some games I have made have been based on other worlds like Avatar the last Airbender, One Piece and Dragonball.

I am in the making of yet another game a Stealth RPG where the players take on the roles of Assassins, The system is based on tactics and the ability to sneak around unseen. The idea is that "one hit kill" if you get caught and if you get hit you will most likely die, this is to keep the players from run straight in to danger and just wave there weapons around and to force the players to be tactical and use there brains. This is not a game for newbies and it requires that the GM is very good at explaining the surroundings or have the ability to draw up functional maps over estates and cities. I dont know if it is a good idea but I like the stealth genre and I thing there needs to be a RPG for it.

/Zappline
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Taylor Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:24 pm

that is pretty impressive, i've made a few home brew TTRPG's myself, one of witch is been very heavily play tested by my game group right now.

Hmm, I haven't seen a lot of stealth RP's out there, they are all played mostly charging into battle. I like the idea of a heavy stealth based RP, ill be happy to go over any of your games and maybe play test them Smile
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:43 pm

This can be done just have to translate them into English, its not that hard and should be done quite quickly. I have not written that much story as of right now its most focus on character creation and such, and trying to figure out a good way to integrate roleplaying with stealth, the roleplaying might be between "hits" when they plan out the assassinations. Any suggestions would be welcome.
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Taylor Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Zappline wrote:This can be done just have to translate them into English, its not that hard and should be done quite quickly. I have not written that much story as of right now its most focus on character creation and such, and trying to figure out a good way to integrate roleplaying with stealth, the roleplaying might be between "hits" when they plan out the assassinations. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Hmm, it might be nice if it had a focus on planning out the hit and finding out information to ease the assassination?
    i haven't seen a lot of that.

You can make a WIP thread for it in tabletop games if you like. Smile
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:00 pm

It would be nice. I think i will start a thread for it and see if anyone wanna help me out. The game is also made to be able to be played in most settings, Fantasy, Steampunk, Modern, Sci-Fi and so on. So I am trying to build a system that will work for that. There is also Shadow Magic in the game, these magics are expensive as hell but will greatly help you in your way of assassination. For example, muffled steps, shadow step, swirling tattoos and so on. Cause it gives me the feeling of sneaky sneaky stabby stabby Razz

About the Roleplay it would be mosly done before a "hit" as I said when the players collect information and when the players discuss how to get it done. But if you fail to much in doing this the "Target" will be alerted and might flee or heighten the security and so on.

There will be different kind of assassinations as well, some contract giver just want the target dead. some wants the target poisoned, some want it to look like suicide and so on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:01 pm