Un-official MDA dev forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Un-official MDA dev forum

A community forum for the un-official modding and development (also general discussion) of Jim Bowen's mini dungeon adventurers. > the forum is not dead, just slow ;) > Accounts no longer need admin activation

4 posters

Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps)

Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps) Empty Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps)

Post by Taylor Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:54 pm

You must find it!

This is a special dungeon room, that you start in, its placed at the entrance of the dungeon and acts as an "outside" area.
    This area works just like and room, and is mosey just cosmetic, i also made some snail monster!

(DO NOT PRINT THIS IMAGE. please print the pdf with vector graphics)
    Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps) Outsid10
    Zappline
    Great member

Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps) Empty Re: Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps)

Post by Zappline Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:39 pm

This is great makes a nice little start position that feels a bit more natural then to just start straight away in a dungeon.
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps) Empty Re: Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps)

Post by Taylor Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Zappline wrote:This is great makes a nice little start position that feels a bit more natural then to just start straight away in a dungeon.

Thanks, I plan to make a whole dungeon set with monsters that takes place outside.

Long term goals Smile

Have any monster ideas? im thinking giants?
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:09 pm

No dungeon crawler is complete without a Dragon as a dungeon bosss.
    Some small monster wizards could be nice as well. Rat Swarms could also work and maybe a mummy and why not some Imps.
    Then we need some more mini-bosses like the Giants you mentioned and maybe some harpys and a mummy kings.
    For Dungeon bosses except for a Dragon, there could be a Minotaur, a big ass griffin, a hydra or maybe Cerberus could be down there.

there could also be ghosts that are weak on T but can only be hurt by silver weapons
    the Grim Reaper that only can be summoned as the final boss if someone died/got wounded.
    Some Ogres could also work and maybe a satyr.
    Sirens could work and maybe a Sphinx
    A vampire is a must for a dungeon crawler as well and I feel that we need a Warewolf as well.

and yes I have lore and stas for all of these Wink
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Taylor Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Zappline wrote:No dungeon crawler is complete without a Dragon as a dungeon bosss.
    Some small monster wizards could be nice as well. Rat Swarms could also work and maybe a mummy and why not some Imps.
    Then we need some more mini-bosses like the Giants you mentioned and maybe some harpys and a mummy kings.
    For Dungeon bosses except for a Dragon, there could be a Minotaur, a big ass griffin, a hydra or maybe Cerberus could be down there.

there could also be ghosts that are weak on T but can only be hurt by silver weapons
    the Grim Reaper that only can be summoned as the final boss if someone died/got wounded.
    Some Ogres could also work and maybe a satyr.
    Sirens could work and maybe a Sphinx
    A vampire is a must for a dungeon crawler as well and I feel that we need a Warewolf as well.

and yes I have lore and stas for all of these Wink

Ill work on a giant and some imps for the map i think they would suite.

Some of theses are already in the official castle of count Vludd expansion witch can be found in the resource thread they have very nice mechanics.

We also have to get some play testers :/
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:55 pm

i found them and that is good, but we still need new one so please work on a giant and a imps. I would say that imps can be up to 5 on one square and giants can only be 1 on any square, but it depends on how smal the imps can be.
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Taylor Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:12 pm

Zappline wrote:i found them and that is good, but we still need new one so please work on a giant and a imps. I would say that imps can be up to 5 on one square and giants can only be 1 on any square, but it depends on how smal the imps can be.

Hmm, thats an interesting mechanic, i have never though about doing that, nice idea Smile
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Imps are suppose to be small and they can fly so I feel that they should have some special rule called swarming, where you put all there A together to make a dangerous attack but they are very weak individually lika A2 so with 5 they have A10. so for every dead imp they get weaker and easier to kill.

Giants should be very very slow, like 3 or 4S but have a devastating A that can only be done ones every turn, a high T and also they can move 2 squares per S instead of 1. They could also have the "Stupid" special rule, at the start of the giants every turn roll 1D6 on a roll of 1 or 2, they cant do anything for that round, not even walk away.

What ya think?
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Taylor Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:44 pm

Zappline wrote:Imps are suppose to be small and they can fly so I feel that they should have some special rule called swarming, where you put all there A together to make a dangerous attack but they are very weak individually lika A2 so with 5 they have A10. so for every dead imp they get weaker and easier to kill.

Giants should be very very slow, like 3 or 4S but have a devastating A that can only be done ones every turn, a high T and also they can move 2 squares per S instead of 1. They could also have the "Stupid" special rule, at the start of the giants every turn roll 1D6 on a roll of 1 or 2, they cant do anything for that round, not even walk away.

What ya think?

I like it, the swarm ability is a nice idea to play around with, i like it. kinda like the zombies but more extended.

For the giants i like the stupid special rule, its funny, and i think would be a great way to make them less OP and more of a normal large monster
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:37 pm

Of course it can be modified all of it. I just feel that imps are known for being small and annoying creatures so I like them Razz

and as you said with the giant the stupid rule is to make it a bit less OP, the attack should probably have some rule that makes it impossible to parry, but can be dodged and maybe even blocked but with a -modifier cause you know its a freaking giant trying to bash you skull in with a wooden club or something.

Could also make a Giant Leader or something that have the same rules but does not have the stupid rule and counts as a Dungeon Boss.

I will probably use these in my RPG as well Wink cause i like 'em.
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Taylor Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:57 pm

Zappline wrote:Of course it can be modified all of it. I just feel that imps are known for being small and annoying creatures so I like them Razz

and as you said with the giant the stupid rule is to make it a bit less OP, the attack should probably have some rule that makes it impossible to parry, but can be dodged and maybe even blocked but with a -modifier cause you know its a freaking giant trying to bash you skull in with a wooden club or something.

Could also make a Giant Leader or something that have the same rules but does not have the stupid rule and counts as a Dungeon Boss.

I will probably use these in my RPG as well Wink cause i like 'em.

Nice, im currently working on a few "mini dungeons" witch are 1-3 room dungeons that are unique and are much shorter than the vanilla ones.

so these monster ideas are great Smile

im trying to think of some abilities for slime monsters? any ideas for that?
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:16 am

Slime monsters are slimy and gross, they should be quite slow but should have quite a high dodge rate. Not cause they can dodge but they are slime so if you don't hit the right spot the weapon just go through it.

They should also have a jumping choke attack that if they hit you. You loose 1T every round untill you get it off.
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Taylor Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:25 am

Hmm, i like the kinda binding -1T per turn thing, ive been drawing wooden walls, here is what i got:

Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps) Untitl10
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:32 am

That wooden wall works great Smile
    and yeah -1T should work well. I was thinking a jump attack so it can "charge" from 2 squares away and land on the hero's face and choke it so the -T is to illustrate that the hero is being choked slowly to death. And they will regain 1T every round from that round the slime is off. If you know what I mean.
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Taylor Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:34 am

Zappline wrote:That wooden wall works great Smile
    and yeah -1T should work well. I was thinking a jump attack so it can "charge" from 2 squares away and land on the hero's face and choke it so the -T is to illustrate that the hero is being choked slowly to death. And they will regain 1T every round from that round the slime is off. If you know what I mean.

Thanks

Hmm, i like it, charge attacks make ranged classes more usefull Smile
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:52 am

Ranged classes in this game are quite good as it is. They can shoot and retreat. I don't see any real threat to them.having jump attacks and charges makes the game a bit more challenging for range classes I think. At the same time this means that range classes have to focus enemies with charge and jump attacks to keep them away from there friends.

Also I was thinking of creating a support hero? What do you think? It can heal and buff friendly heroes and have some defensive abilities but a low T and 1 less H then normal classes?
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Taylor Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:31 am

Zappline wrote:Ranged classes in this game are quite good as it is. They can shoot and retreat. I don't see any real threat to them.having jump attacks and charges makes the game a bit more challenging for range classes I think. At the same time this means that range classes have to focus enemies with charge and jump attacks to keep them away from there friends.

Also I was thinking of creating a support hero? What do you think? It can heal and buff friendly heroes and have some defensive abilities but a low T and 1 less H then normal classes?

The mage class has a lot of supporting spells as it is, giving the mage class 2 sub classes.

I am working on some items to cement the 2 mage subclass's, like the holy mace in the extended items.

With that said a buffing class like a bard sounds nice, but would be hard to implement.
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:01 pm

I don't think it would be that hard to implement a bard actually, we just give him his own spellbook, it doesn't matter if some of the spells are the same. I was thinking something in the lines of:

Heal: heal 1H on target.
    War Hymn: give target +1A.
    Pleasure: Stuns the enemy for 1d3 rounds do to the fact that the song is so captivating.
    Heart of Courage: give target +1T
    Swiftness is a foot: Give +1d3 S to target.
    Song of Rage: give target +1 Crit

And so on. would not be that hard, this is tings I came up with in a span of about 5 minutes. So with some thinking we could probably do better Razz

Oh and also, the bard can not buff himself. and the buffs have only a duration of 1 round to make it a bit more balanced.
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Taylor Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:04 pm

Zappline wrote:I don't think it would be that hard to implement a bard actually, we just give him his own spellbook, it doesn't matter if some of the spells are the same. I was thinking something in the lines of:

Heal: heal 1H on target.
    War Hymn: give target +1A.
    Pleasure: Stuns the enemy for 1d3 rounds do to the fact that the song is so captivating.
    Heart of Courage: give target +1T
    Swiftness is a foot: Give +1d3 S to target.
    Song of Rage: give target +1 Crit

And so on. would not be that hard, this is tings I came up with in a span of about 5 minutes. So with some thinking we could probably do better Razz

Oh and also, the bard can not buff himself. and the buffs have only a duration of 1 round to make it a bit more balanced.

Id leave the healing to the mage, but i like the stat buffs, we can add it to the V0.5 list

Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps) Flute10
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:40 pm

I like it. A flute is nice but it needs to give the bard something. If you can you could make a lute and a harp cause they are awesome Very Happy
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Taylor Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:58 pm

Zappline wrote:I like it. A flute is nice but it needs to give the bard something. If you can you could make a lute and a harp cause they are awesome Very Happy

Yeah, ill try making a harp, the flute looks a little phallic when its sized down ;/
    Hadek
    Hadek
    Special member

Post by Hadek Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:52 pm

Sweet, I like it !
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:59 pm

You should see the drum and harp. They are awesome Smile
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Taylor Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:57 am

Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps) Flute13
    Zappline
    Great member

Post by Zappline Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:48 am

see they are awesome Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:01 pm