Un-official MDA dev forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Un-official MDA dev forum

A community forum for the un-official modding and development (also general discussion) of Jim Bowen's mini dungeon adventurers. > the forum is not dead, just slow ;) > Accounts no longer need admin activation

4 posters

Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps)

DrKboom333
    DrKboom333

Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps) - Page 2 Empty Re: Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps)

Post by DrKboom333 Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:01 pm

I wanted to do a town square type of quest where you have to defend the town fountain or other shops from waves of mobs.  Maybe we can also use it as the town during normal quests and have a bank, infirmary, inn and armor, weapons and potion shops to make game play have more of a RP feel.

From my notes;
    Town is under attack.  Build a 9x9 town square with a fountain/well in center and defend from 8 waves of mobs. After each wave there is a 50% chance of a chest to drop.  1 round between waves for healing and store.  If hero dies there is no resurrection until game is over.  Mobs enter at one of 11 set entry points (numbered 2-12) randomly selected by rolling 2 D6.  Mobs move to attack fountain (20H 8T) but must stop if intercepted.  If in range mobs must attack fountain once per round then focus on hero using normal AI for corresponding Mob

New class
    Monk – no physical attacks.  Can buff, heal or harm by reading passages from a book
    Can resurrect but forfeits all S points for that round:
         - Heroes or companions
         - Any dead enemy to control for next round

Engineer – uses guns, ground turrets, explosives and simple robots to fight for them

New race
    Amorphic – must take one of three different forms adjusting base stats upon entering a new room
      - Solid - +2T -1A -1S while in room
      - Liquid - +2A -2T while in room
      - Gas - +3S -1A -1T while in room
    Taylor
    Taylor
    Admin
    Admin

Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps) - Page 2 Empty Re: Before you enter the dungeon... (special maps)

Post by Taylor Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:46 am

DrKboom333 wrote:I wanted to do a town square type of quest where you have to defend the town fountain or other shops from waves of mobs.  Maybe we can also use it as the town during normal quests and have a bank, infirmary, inn and armor, weapons and potion shops to make game play have more of a RP feel.

From my notes;
    Town is under attack.  Build a 9x9 town square with a fountain/well in center and defend from 8 waves of mobs. After each wave there is a 50% chance of a chest to drop.  1 round between waves for healing and store.  If hero dies there is no resurrection until game is over.  Mobs enter at one of 11 set entry points (numbered 2-12) randomly selected by rolling 2 D6.  Mobs move to attack fountain (20H 8T) but must stop if intercepted.  If in range mobs must attack fountain once per round then focus on hero using normal AI for corresponding Mob
    I love that idea, and instead of retreating to town, you have to move to a store and buy the items from that store? that would be using team work big time, since you would have to leave the fountain to buy more potions or better items. love it.

DrKboom333 wrote:New class
    Monk – no physical attacks.  Can buff, heal or harm by reading passages from a book
    Can resurrect but forfeits all S points for that round:
         - Heroes or companions 
         - Any dead enemy to control for next round

Engineer – uses guns, ground turrets, explosives and simple robots to fight for them

New race
    Amorphic – must take one of three different forms adjusting base stats upon entering a new room
      - Solid - +2T -1A -1S while in room
      - Liquid - +2A -2T while in room
      - Gas - +3S -1A -1T while in room

The monk is a bit close to the bard, the resurrection is a nice ability.

I like the sound of an engineer, adds a new play style and more strategy in placing the turrets? 

As for the Amorphic race, i like it, i've been trying to think of new races, and this one looks good, all that stat change would get a bit iffy maybe?

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:50 am